Using Third Party Affidavit Affirming Bona Fide Marriage Spouse Visa
I-130 Documents to Prove Family Relationship
A third party affidavit affirming bona fide marriage is one of the additional listed documents for the USCIS I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse to specifically prove that you have a bona fide marriage.
The instructions for the I-130 state,
“5. What documents do you need to prove family relationship?
You have to prove that there is a family relationship between you and the beneficiary. If you are filing for a relative listed below, submit the following documentation to prove the family relationship.
A. A spouse:
(1) A copy of your marriage certificate;
(2) If either you were or your spouse was previously married, submit copies of documents showing that each of the prior marriages was legally terminated; and
(3) You must submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself and your spouse….”
These documents above are specifically required.
In addition, the instructions go on further to say,
“NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may prove you have a bona fide marriage:
(1) Documentation showing joint ownership of property;
(2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence, meaning you both live at the same address together;
(3) Documentation showing that you and your spouse have combined your financial resources;
(4) Birth certificates of children born to you and your spouse together;
(5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. Each affidavit must contain the full name and address of the person making the affidavit; date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit; and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage; or
(6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.” See our other blog post for “Prove Bona Fide Marriage using Other Documents“.
Third Party Affidavit Affirming Bona Fide Marriage Examples
Overall, most newly married couples have a hard time providing items (1) – (4) on the additional list of documents to prove a boni fide mariage. Therefore, many couples provide item (5), third party affidavit affirming bona fide marriage. In addition, most couples provide two of this documents as the instructions say “Affidavits”.
In this post, we provide an example specifically for a third party affidavit affirming bona fide marriage.
Our USCIS I-130, Petition for Alien Spouse included a separate third party affidavit from both Lea’s father and aunt. We provide an example of a third party affidavit from both Lea’s father and aunt as follows:
Ordinarily, the third party affidavit of bona fide marriage should really be done by an attorney.
We hired a local lawyer in Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines to do our third party affidavit of bona fide marriage statements. We did this specifically so that it was easier for Lea’s father and aunt to go into the lawyer’s office and sign. Also, a lawyer in the Philippines, is not very expensive for this type of service.
We do not specifically have any attorneys to recommend.
While all attempts are made to present correct information, it may not be appropriate for your specific circumstances and information may become outdated.
LoveVisaLife does not provide legal advice and nothing contained herein shall be construed as legal advice. We are only providing an example of what we specifically did for our petition. The full contents of LoveVisaLife.com, such as text, comments, graphics, images, videos and other content contained on this site are for informational purposes only. For this reason, if you need legal advice, you should contact an attorney. Accordingly, the content of this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice.
If this process seems too difficult for you, we recommend that you use a visa/immigration consultant. For this purpose, we recommend using Rapid Visa.
If you are able to do the application on your own and our site has been a great help to you, please consider donating to our site using the donate feature in the upper left. To this end, this helps us provide valuable content to you and others.