Hotel Jen Review- Pasay, Manila, Philippines
Hotel Jen Manila Introduction
Today’s hotel review is on Hotel Jen located in the Pasay of Manila, Philippines.
Hotel Jen is a four star luxury hotel. Also, the hotel offers very affordable rates.
The hotel was formerly known as Traders Hotel.
The hotel is just 20 minutes away from the airport. Therefore, it is a convenient location for any kind of stay in Manila.
Also, the hotel is only a few minutes to the Mall of Asia, Baywalk, boat to Corregidor Island, and the Manila Sunset Cruise boat. In addition, Hotel Jen is only a 10 minute taxi ride to the U.S. Embassy and Philippine CFO office in Manila.
Hotel Jen provides spectacular views of Manila Bay and its famous sunsets while also experiencing the significant sites and the nightlife of Manila as well.
We stayed in Hotel Jen for two nights during the time that Lea and Lloyd had their U.S. Embassy interview.
We specifically chose Hotel Jen for several reasons including:
- The hotel is only a 10 minute taxi ride t the U.S. Embassy for Lea and our son’s embassy interview.
- Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport is only a 20 minute taxi ride away which made my arrival and short time to the hotel easy.
- Hotel Jen is within a 10 minute walking to the Manila Sunset Cruise boat. The boat provides sunset and night-time cruises in Manila Bay with authentic Filipino dinner. The sunset cruise and dinner has been on our bucket list.
- The same cruise boat provides transportation for Corregidor Island tours during the day. Corregidor Island is a very famous island in history for the defense of Manila Bay. It was especially significant during World War II.
We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Jen. Hence, we recommend it to anyone.
Click the link below to check prices, availability and make reservations through Expedia at Hotel Jen in Manila:
Hotel Jen is found at 3001 Roxas Boulevard in the Pasay District of Manila, Philippines.
Check-in time is at 2:00 p.m. There is a service road off from Roxas Boulevard to pull onto when being dropped off by a taxi. Firstly, you are greeted by courteous staff. Secondly, you go through a metal detector and security search. Finally, they escort you and take your luggage inside to check-in. Staff is always very helpful and courteous.
After check-in, a bell-hop shows you to your room and brings your luggage.
Once in the room, the bell-hop brings your luggage in for you and shows you all of the features of the room.
Hotel Jen has two types of rooms
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe Bayview Room
- Club Room
- Club Bayview Room
- Executive Suite
- Premier Suite
Each of the rooms are all large and executive style. Therefore, there is plenty of room to accommodate your things. Specifically, in each room, there is a table, chair, desk, flat screen TV, safe and refrigerator.
Deluxe rooms typically have either one queen bed or two double beds.
The beds are very comfortable.
Bayview rooms provide a great view of Manila Bay.
Club rooms have access to the club lounge.
Rooms are big enough to store your luggage and still there is plenty of more room.
Bathrooms are clean and consist of a normal hotel bathroom with tub/shower, toilet and sink. In addition, the hotel offers free soap and shampoo.
The rooms are air-conditioned.
Wifi is free and available in all of the rooms.
Click the link below to check prices, availability and make reservations through Expedia at the Bayview Park Hotel in Manila:
Bayview Park Hotel Manila
Other Hotel Features
The hotel has the following other features:
- Roof-top outdoor swimming pools
- Poolside bar
- 24 hour fitness center
- Massage treatments
- Business center
- 24 hour room service
- Cub lounge benefits
- Free shuttle to Mall of Asia
Dining and Drinks
Hotel Jen has two restaurants including Kitsho and Latitude.
Firstly, Kitsho offers authentic Japanese cuisine. In particular, Kitsho offers a wide range of sushi, sashimi, tempura and more. In addition, Sake lovers enjoy Kitsho’s cozy bar that features an extensive sake list.
Kitsho is open daily for lunch from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm and dinner from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
Secondly, Latitude offers a wide variety of Asian and international buffet selections and a la carte menus served in an informal and relaxed ambiance.
Latitude is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner at the following times:
- Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am
- Lunch 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Dinner 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Children 0 – 5 years old eat for free from the buffet. Children 6 – 11 years old eat 50% off.
Bar and Lounges
Hotel Jen has three bar and lounge facilities including Lobby Lounge, Windows by the Bay, and Coffee.com
Firstly, the Lobby Lounge is the perfect spot for business appointments or socializing while enjoying light refreshments.
Lobby Lounge has a full service bar with a wide selection of teas, coffees, fresh juices and light fare.
The Lobby Lounge is specifically open daily, from 5pm to 1am.
Windows by the Bay
Secondly, Windows by the Bay is the club lounge originally for those who specifically choose a club room.
Now, everyone can chill out at in the exclusive lounge, Windows By The Bay.
Enjoy amazing night views of Manila Bay from the 19th floor from 7:30pm, daily.
Windows by the Bay has a wide selection of light bites, cocktails and wines for you to enjoy as well.
Thirdly, coffee.com is an internet cyber café that offers fast, free WiFi.
It’s a place for you to savor a cup of coffee while catching up on emails, latest news or social media.
In addition, it offers delicious savouries, pastries, salads, sandwiches and pasta dishes.
Things To Do Nearby
There are many things to do nearby Hotel Jen. The area immediately around Hotel Jen is a little run down. However, it is safe and there are many things to do close by. Many things are within walking distance. Other things are only a short taxi ride away.
For example, see the list below for things to do nearby:
- Mall of Asia- The Mall of Asia is only a few minutes away. In addition, Hotel Jen provides a free shuttle service to the mall.
- Philippines Cultural Center is directly across the road.
- The boat for Corregidor Island tours and the Manila Sunset Cruise is docked within walking distance. Click here for information specifically on Corregidor Island tours. In addition, click here for information on the boat to Corregidor Island and Manila Bay sunset cruise and diner.
- The U.S. Embassy is really only a ten minute cab ride. Therefore, Hotel Jen is a great place to stay if you have an appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Click here for our blog post on other hotels near the U.S. Embassy.
- The Philippine CFO office is really only a five-minute taxi ride away. Therefore, Hotel Jen is a great place to stay if you have an appointment at the Manila CFO office. Click here for our blog post on other hotels near the Manila CFO office.
- Restaurants and nightlife nearby. There are several restaurants across the street and along the bay that provide great ambiance at night or sunset. Singing Waiters and Cooks, a musical themed restaurant with authentic Filipino Food is also within walking distance. Click here to see our review on Singing Cooks and Waiters.