Spouse Visa Interview Questions at US Embassy Interview
All About Spouse Visa Interview Questions
About US Spouse Visa Interview Questions
Undoubtedly, one of the most worrisome part of the US Spouse Visa application process for the beneficiary is the anxiety of the potential spouse visa interview questions.
Finally, the last step in the Spouse Visa process is the embassy interview. Most spouses worry a great deal about the type of questions. In fact, most really want to know a list of potential questions to be able to prepare for the interview. Therefore, we provide some insight into potential questions.
The Spouse Visa interview questions are actually relatively simple and straight forward. For example, the Spouse Visa interview questions concentrate on proving whether your marriage is bonafide.
If you know yourself, your spouse, your relationship and your future plans well, then you have no problem.
To illustrate, the Spouse Visa interview questions usually center around the following four areas:
- Yourself and your Background
- Knowledge of your Spouse
- Information about your Marriage
- Future Plans Together
However, the questions are very easy to answer if you know yourself and your spouse well. Likewise, prepare yourself with potential questions ahead of your interview date.
While all attempts are made to present correct information, it may not be appropriate for your specific circumstances and information may become outdated. See our Disclaimer page for more information.
LoveVisaLife does not provide legal advice and nothing contained herein shall be construed as legal advice. We are only providing tips and an example of typical Spouse Visa interview questions. The full contents of LoveVisaLife.com, such as text, comments, graphics, images, videos and other content contained on this site are for informational purposes only. For this reason, if you need legal advice, you should contact an attorney. Accordingly, the content of this site is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice.
The typical souse visa interview questions that we provide are only for learning purposes. Also, the embassy may ask questions that are not on our lists.
Yourself and your Background
In order to find out more about you and your intentions for entering the U.S., the consular officer might ask you:
- Basic questions like your name, nationality, date of birth, and place of birth.
- “Have you visited the U.S. before? If yes, when? For what purpose and on what type of visa?”
- “Do you have any relatives living in the United States?”
- “Have you ever been married before? How did that relationship end? Do you have divorce, annulment or death certificate papers?”
- “Do you have any children?”
- “Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?”
Most importantly, be truthful on all of the questions. In fact, lying or deception could get you denied.
Knowledge of Your Spouse
The consular officer wants to know your spouse. Also, that you know the relevant details of his or her life. Some examples are:
- Basic questions like your Spouse’s full name, age, and birthday. Also, what is his contact information email, telephone number, ect..
- Living situation questions, such as: “Where does your spouse live (city and state)? What type of home (apartment, house, etc.)? Does he or she rent or own?”
- “What is his or her occupation?”
- “What are your spouse’s hobbies?”
- “Have you met your spouse’s parents? If no, why not?”
- “Does he or she have any brothers and sisters? What are their names and ages? Have you met them?”
- “What language(s) does your spouse speak?”
- “What do you love about your spouse?”
- “Has your spouse ever been married before? If yes, what happened to the relationship? Why did they divorce? What is your spouse’s ex name?”
- “Does he or she have any children? If yes, what are their names and ages?”
The questions about your marriage typically include how you met, fell in love, and where you got married. In fact, these questions are to see if your marriage is bonafide.
Prepare to answer the following questions:
- “How and where did you both meet?”
- “How long did you date before you got married?”
- “Where and when did you get married?”
- “how many people were at your wedding?”
- “Did you go on a honeymoon? Where did you go?”
- “What types of activities do you like to do together?”
- “How are you communicating during the long distance relationship? Is it difficult being apart?”
- “Have you met your spouse’s family? Has he or she met yours?”
Overall, the questions consular officers ask about your relationship vary from case to case.
The questions about your future plans typically include where you are going to live, when and where you are and other information about your future. You should be prepared for the following questions:
- “Where are you going to live?”
- “What is the address?”
- “Are you planning to work when you are able?”
Visa Consultant to Assist Spouse Visa Interview Questions
In fact, some visa consultants help you prepare for your Spouse Visa interview questions.
Foremost, Rapid Visa is of the best at preparing you for your Spouse Visa interview questions.
More importantly, if you live in a country with one of their overseas offices, stop by their office prior to the interview to practice potential Spouse Visa interview questions. For example, Rapid Visa has offices in Manila and Cebu Philippines, and Guangdong, China.
Our recommendation for a visa consultant is Rapid Visa. In fact, Rapid Visa 99.7% of RapidVisa’s customers get approval.
Most important, try to relax and just be yourself. Take a breather and think about your answer before you give it.
Indeed, you are very close to getting your visa and your new life with your husband or wife in the USA.
For more information on the spouse visa application process, see our “IR-1 CR-1 Spouse Visa Webpage“. In addition, see our individual webpages for each phase of the Spouse Fiance Visa process:
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Phase
- National Visa Center (NVC) Phase
- Embassy Phase
- Port of Entry
- Things to do in the U.S.